I haven’t blogged in over a month now, and I suddenly realized that it’s one day from the end of March! So here’s a quick recap of some parts of my March in classic point form (because I like posts in point forms).
- I celebrated my 22nd birthday this month! :D It seems like after my 20th birthday, I just feel perpetually old. It’s slightly ridiculous, but ah well. I see every birthday as a chance to be actively reminded of just how blessed I am to have people who love love loooove me and whom I love, too! It’s a great thing, you know. As Oscar Wilde said, “Who, being loved, is poor?“
- This one’s a quick shoutout to a friend (who I know reads every post here) who came from Warsaw to Krakow and paid me a visit, among other things. Thanks!
- I’ve been much too busy. Exams, tests, the usual. Pray for sustenance, please! It does drain you out a little, all that reading and memorizing and stuffing facts in my noggin’. Some days I just want to give up, but it’s those days that remind me to seek rest in God and work from within His peace and rest.
- Not proud of this, but I failed my first anything in 3 years? More or less. I’m not sure how best to react to it, but to acknowledge that it was a weakness on my end that I need to correct. Definitely not proud of it. Surprisingly, I’m not upset by it, either. And no, I don’t want to hear any of the “you’re in medical school, failing’s normal” talk. I decided long ago that that has no place with me if I want to excel.
- I realized that I like “girly” things a lot more now *blushblush* (that was unwarranted, sorry). For the unacquainted, I’m not a typical girly girl who walks around with makeup and skirts and what-have-you. I suppose, now you could say I’m growing slowly into it? I still enjoy my jeans tons, but makeup brushes and fragrances, anyone? (Jeans are still in first place, though)
- MH370. Need I say more? If you’re unaware, it’s the number of the Malaysian Airlines flight that went missing on March 8, 2014. It’s all terribly heartbreaking. A few days ago, the Prime Minister of Malaysia announced that they firmly believe that the plane crashed into the Southern Indian Ocean and that all on board were assumed dead. I think most of us are hoping for a miracle, or at least, some form of definitive answer to all the questions surrounding the disappearance of the plane. I’ve been primarily upset that people persist in spreading rumours about the people aboard that flight and what may have happened to it. Just do keep the families of those on board that flight in your prayers. I believe they need it most.
- I need caffeine. Meaning coffee. Even theophylline (meaning tea), doesn’t cut it well enough. I ran out of Nescafe (the only coffee powder I know how to work with) last weekend, and then I kept forgetting to pick it up when I go past grocery stores. Also, small kiosks and grocery stores do not stock Nescafe in Krakow, so I had to visit a proper hypermarket. Three days without caffeine was difficult, what with the lack of sleep.
- Spring is here! Quite properly, too. We had mildly erratic weather, but now it seems like Mr Sun’s here to stay! I wish I had a picture of the pretty white flowers blooming all over to show you, but I don’t! I hope I will soon! My camera needs to go for a walk!
- With regards to spring being here, I think I’m developing hay fever for the first time. Self-diagnosing here, but I’m pretty sure I have allergic rhinitis to all the pollen being stirred up by the billowing winds. Why I’ve never developed hay fever my first two springs in Poland is beyond me.
That’s about it, I think. I hope you’ll all keep well! Here’s a bonus pic of me reacting to a toy cat a couple of friends surprised me with. God bless you loads and loads :)